Thursday, February 4, 2010

Scene stealer: Jane Lynch

"I am the coach. I'm the coach and I'm the point guard, I'm the two forwards, the center, and I'm the other guard. I'm the entire organization."
~ Jane Lynch as Gayle Sweeney, Role Models
Currently seen on TV's Glee, Jane Lynch has been stealing scenes in movies for years. I first noticed this actress when I watched Best in Show, the Christopher Guest-directed mockumentary about a national dog show that focused on several dog owners, where Lynch played Rhapsody in White's dog trainer and romantic interest to one of Rhapsody's owners. She was Steve Carrell's boss Paula at Smart Tech in The 40 Year Old Virgin. The scene in which Paula sings a Guatemalan lullaby to Andy (played by Carrell) in the Smart Tech electronics store is without a doubt one of the most hilarious moments of the movie. Lynch also played the founder of Sturdy Wings, Gayle Sweeney, in Role Models. Recently she took on the role of Julia Child's sister Dorothy in Julie & Julia. I put together a list featuring some of her memorable roles. You can find more DVDs that feature Jane Lynch by searching jane lynch and dvd in our online catalog.

Best in Show (2000)
DVD COMEDY BEST
Find it in the catalog!

A Mighty Wind (2003)
DVD COMEDY MIGHTY
Find it in the catalog!

The 40 Year Old Virgin (2005)
DVD COMEDY 40
"I'm very discreet... but I will haunt your dreams."
Find it in the catalog!

For Your Consideration (2006)
DVD COMEDY FOR
Find it in the catalog!

Role Models (2008)
DVD COMEDY ROLE
"I've been to prison. Oh, I have. I've been to prison. A prison of drugs, alcohol, and sick thoughts. I used to have sick thoughts." 
Find it in the catalog!

Julie & Julia (2009)
NEW DVD FICTION JULIE
Find it in the catalog!