Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Who do you love

One of my favorite movies of the year, I Love You, Man, is released on DVD this week.  When I saw this movie in the theater I laughed so hard I cried.  Peter (Paul Rudd) is recently engaged and realizes he has no close friends to be his best man.  In the process of trying to meet guy friends he meets Sydney (Jason Segel) and a "bromance" develops as they bond over the music of Rush.  Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother, Forgetting Sarah Marshall) is one of my favorite actors.  He is goofy and does not hold back at all in his performances.  As Peter, Paul Rudd is a riot when he tries too hard to fit in with the guys; usually he says or does embarrassing things (see: the scene where he first calls Sydney and leaves a message on his phone; any of the times he attempts to give Sydney a nickname).  A worthwhile comedy to watch?  Totes, my goats!