Monday, January 25, 2010

Catch a movie for cheap at the Picture Show @ Bloomingdale


Do you want to enjoy the experience of watching a movie on the big screen without emptying your wallet? The Picture Show @ Bloomingdale is the movie theater for you. See a movie here and you pay $1.75, no matter the day or time. Actually, that's not true. See a movie here on Tuesday and the cost is only $1 per ticket! I know, I just blew your mind. When I told people I was going to an evening show for less than $2 they could hardly believe me. The Picture Show @ Bloomingdale is a recently renovated theater that shows second-run movies. While the theater doesn't have stadium seating, the seating areas for each screen are spacious and the seats are comfortable. You may have to wait for a particular movie to come to the theater weeks or months after its original release date, but even the wait can work in your favor. I recently saw Where The Wild Things Are here because it disappeared from the big chain theaters before I was able to get out to watch it. In the end, I saved more than $8 because I didn't see it at a first-run theater. Also keep in mind that movies that don't draw big numbers their first couple weeks in theaters are likely to show up at a second-run theater like the Picture Show sooner than the popular big-budget movies. In some cases, a movie plays at the Picture Show even after its DVD release, like Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. Check out the website for concession prices, which I also think are affordable. You can buy a ticket, popcorn, and drink with the same $10 you'd have to spend on a single ticket at AMC. One last tip: Fantastic Mr. Fox is currently playing at the Picture Show, and I recommend you go see it, if you haven't already!

Picture Show @ Bloomingdale Website
324 W. Army Trail Rd
Bloomingdale, IL 60108
Movie Line: 630-529-8603
Office: 630-529-7472